BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that acts as an acetylcholine release inhibitor and a neuromuscular blocking agent that, when injected into the appropriate muscles, can be used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe facial lines in adults specifically in the treatment of:
• Moderate to severe glabellar lines associated with corrugator and/or
procerus muscle activity (between the eyebrows, the "Elevens")
• Moderate to severe lateral canthal lines associated with orbicularis oculi activity (the Crow's Feet)
• Moderate to severe forehead lines associated with frontalis muscle activity (the horizontal lines on the forehead)
- Can you get BOTOX® Cosmetic at other areas? Absolutely! See the diagram below for a few of the other areas that are frequently treated.
- How many units do I need? There are recommended ranges of how many units will work best. See the diagram below.
Text Dr Elizabeth McCorkle to schedule your next appointment